Follow FilmMinion on Twitter  

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Empire Magazine's 100 Best Films of World Cinema

[caption id="" align="alignright" width="257" caption="Image from "Seven Samurai" courtesy of filmsquish.com"][/caption]

Empire Magazine compiled a list of the 100 Greatest Films of "World Cinema," meaning any film not in English. Take a look at them:

100 Best Films of World Cinema

Anybody seen any? Anybody have any different opinions? The best foreign language films I have seen have to be 1959's The 400 Blows (#29 on the list), 2006's Pan's Labyrinth (#5 on the list) and 2009's Let the Right One In (#15 on the list). I don't hesitate to call #1 a masterpiece, but I prefer the three I listed. I'm disappointed in myself - I've actually only seen 17 of the films on the list. I have some work to do...I'll let you know how the rest of them are, one-by-one.

No comments:

Post a Comment